Summer is ending, unless of course you live in San Francisco, where summer is just beginning. Yeah, I don’t get it either. But for the rest of us in the United States, autumn is on its way, bringing with it the colors of fall foliage and a change in Virgin America’s in-flight menu.
In Main Cabin, our team has updated the entire menu of fresh onboard products, including our Travel Light selections. Three of my favorites (all of which happen to be vegetarian) include:
- Artisan cheese selection (only 310 cal!) — Camembert, smoked Gouda, Muenster and cheddar served with green grapes, dried apple and apricot.
- Arugula and roasted pear salad (also only 310 cal) –- Crisp romaine and baby arugula tossed with red seedless grapes, toasted almonds and fig mustard roasted pears, served with diced brie and a balsamic vinaigrette.
- Spicy Southwestern half wrap (340 cal) –- Black-eyed peas, yellow and poblano peppers, crisp jicama, cotija cheese, cumin, oregano and olive oil wrapped in a roasted red pepper tortilla, served with a side of sweet corn and black bean salad.
Our Flight Bites also have been recently refreshed with six new snacks in a guilt-free sampler. This season we have:
- Roasted beets with orange and feta
- Asparagus antipasto with marinated mozzarella and tomatoes
- Honey mushroom and fig salad
- Cheese bites
- Smoked chicken and green lentil salad
- Chocolate mousse topped off with a fresh raspberry
In First Class, we’ve done away with plastic kova cups in favor of a greener, reusable alternative: ceramic ramekins. We’ve also updated our drink selection for the 21-and-over crowd and have added one of my favorite beers, the 21st Amendment Back in Black IPA. This beer is brewed like a typical American IPA but has the added richness of dark malts that bring it all the flavor and hop character you’d expect but with a smooth, mellow finish.
For the full menu, check out our website and be sure to let us know what your favorites are in the comments below. Happy travels!