Earlier this summer we announced that our technical operations team was in the process of updating our aircraft with Gogo’s ATG-4 Inflight WiFi service. This week we’re proud to report that we have completed the installation on our 53rd Airbus A320 Family plane “Jane”, making Virgin America the first U.S. airline to offer the faster service fleetwide.
This announcement comes just five years after Virgin America became the first U.S airline to offer inflight WiFi on every flight – a distinction we still retain today. This means that all of our guests can now look forward to even faster surfing in the sky as the new ATG4 offers more bandwidth to each aircraft – with up to triple the peak speed of the first generation of in-flight WiFi. And for our fellow #AvGeek friends, we’ve included a time-lapse video of the Gogo ATG-4 WiFi installation process on one of our Airbus A320-family aircraft below. Check it out!
Now what milestone would be complete without a proper celebration? Our friends at Gogo have joined us to give three lucky winners some fabulous prizes including a round trip Main Cabin flight to any Virgin America domestic destination for two, an Apple iPad Air and a pass good for one year of complimentary Gogo inflight WiFi internet access.
For your chance to win, share your best “office in the sky” moment on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #OfficeInTheSky now through December 24, 2014*.
Good luck and happy travels!
*TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NAME OF CONTEST: VIRGIN AMERICA OFFICE IN THE SKY TWITTER PHOTO CONTEST (the “Promotion”), DECEMBER 2014.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to individuals who 1) are legal residents of the United States 2) are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry; 3) have access to the Internet and have not purchased Internet service in order to participate in this Promotion; 4) are not employees, officers, directors or immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling or their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside, or member of the same household, whether or not related) of Virgin America Inc. (the “Sponsor”), Gogo LLC, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising and promotion agencies, or any and all other companies associated with the Promotion; 4) are authorized holders of a public Twitter account; and 5) are able to travel from one of Virgin America’s destinations. Individuals who meet the above requirements are referred to as “Eligible Entrants.”
SPONSOR: Virgin America Inc.
PRIZE SPONSOR: Gogo LLC.
AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
ENTRY PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 7:00am Pacific Time (“PT”), December 17, 2014 and ends at 11:59pm PT, December 24, 2014 (“Promotion Period”).
HOW TO ENTER: At the beginning of the Entry Period, messages will be posted at www.twitter.com/virginamerica with instructions to send @VirginAmerica and @gogo a Tweet sharing a photo with your “Office in the Sky” moment. Each Tweet including a photo and using the #OfficeInTheSky hashtag will qualify as an entry.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights;
- The Submission must have been created by the entrant;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, depicts nudity or is indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes any illegal activities or any other activity that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes any particular political agenda or message;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Submission is created;
- The Submission must not contain any materials relating to lotteries, gambling, tobacco, alcohol or drugs.
Limit one (1) response per Twitter account per Entry Period. The Sponsor is not responsible for entries that, for any reason, are not received, or for entries that are received, but are not decipherable for any reason.
WINNER DETERMINATION: The winners of the Promotion will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. After the conclusion of the Entry Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select the top submissions from among all eligible submissions.
Submissions based on the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”) for a total of three (3) winners:
- Creativity/Originality (10%);
- Photo Quality (40%)
- Fit to Contest Theme in the photo (50%)
Decisions of the judges are final and binding. Only winners will be notified. Entrants will not be notified if their Submission is disqualified or if their Submission does not win. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
The potential winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability/Publicity Release and a W-9 tax form or a W-8 BEN tax form within seven (7) days of notification. If the potential winner does not complete the required forms as instructed and/or return the required forms within the time period listed on the winner notification message, the Sponsor may disqualify the potential winner and, at the Sponsor’s option, select a runner-up.
PRIZE: Three Eligible Entrants will win one of three prizes:
- Grand Prize: one (1) domestic main cabin air travel voucher good for one (1) roundtrip itinerary for two (2) guests on Virgin America to anywhere in Virgin America’s domestic network (the “Grand Prize”). Other restrictions (like blackout dates) may apply and will be determined at the Sponsor’s discretion. The value of the winner’s prize is approximately $1552.00. Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees/charges (including income and withholding taxes). All costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided, including but not limited to ground transportation costs, travel to a Virgin America airport, meals, gratuities, hotel accommodations and other expenses incurred by accepting or using the Prize are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Unless otherwise noted, the Prize is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Sponsor. The Winner agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with the Prize. Released Parties (defined below) will not be responsible for acts of third parties, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of any travel or lodging in connection with the Prize.
- Second Place: one (1) Apple 32GB WiFi iPad Air (the “Second Prize”). The value of the winner’s prize is approximately $500. Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees/charges (including income and withholding taxes). Unless otherwise noted, the Prize is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Sponsor. The Winner agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with the Prize.
- Third Place: one (1) Gogo Inflight WiFi pass good for one year of complimentary Inflight WiFi (Up to 200 Inflight WiFi sessions) (the “Third Prize”). The value of the winner’s prize is approximately $479. Winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and fees/charges (including income and withholding taxes). Unless otherwise noted, the Prize is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Sponsor. The Winner agrees to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with the Prize.
If a Winner is otherwise eligible for this Promotion, but is considered a minor in his/her place of residence, the Prize may be awarded to his/her parent/legal guardian on the Winner’s behalf.
The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions except at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion.
NOTIFICATION: The potential Winners will be notified by Direct Message on Twitter on or around 48 hours after the close of the Entry Period to request all eligibility information, his/her email address, telephone number and mailing address within 72 hours following determination of the Winner (the “Prize Notification”). In the event that the Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable, or the potential Winner is otherwise unreachable for any reason, the Sponsor may award to an alternate potential Winner. If any potential Winner does not respond to any such Prize Notification within 72 hours of date of issuance, a disqualification will result, and the Prize will be forfeited, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Time permitting, an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. Failure to submit any identification required by Sponsor or to return the required documents within the specified time period, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any Prize or Prize Notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification, and Prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential Winner to be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY/PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Promotion and submitting an entry/entries, each entrant agrees to (i) be bound by these Official Rules, including all entry requirements, and (ii) waive any and all claims against Virgin America Inc., Gogo LLC, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers, representatives and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Promotion, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) for any injury, damage or loss that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the participation in the Promotion or from the receipt or use of any Prize or any travel or activity related to the receipt or use of any Prize. By entering this Promotion, each entrant gives their express permission to be contacted by the Sponsor, the Prize Sponsor and/or their respective designees by @reply or Direct Message on Twitter, telephone, email and/or postal mail for Promotion purposes only. Each Winner, by acceptance of Prize, grants to the Sponsor, the Prize Sponsor, and each of their respective designees the right to publicize such Winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice, statements and/or other likeness and prize information in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without limitation and without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH ENTRANT AND RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of California. Any court of competent jurisdiction sitting within San Mateo County, California will be the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement. You hereby waive any argument that any such court does not have jurisdiction over you or such dispute or that venue in any such court is not appropriate or convenient. The Sponsors will be entitled to recover their court costs and reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses incurred in successfully proving any breach of any term of this Agreement.
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to amend, modify, cancel or suspend the Promotion (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Promotion (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, The Sponsors may elect to identify winners and award the prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of such cancellation.
Entries generated by a script, macro or other mechanical or automated means will be disqualified.
WINNER’S LIST: For a winner’s list, submit your request to Promos@virginamerica.com.
All rights reserved.