It’s summertime, which means it’s the perfect opportunity for a much-needed vacation. Whether it’s strolling along the Highline in NYC, line dancing in Dallas saloons, or riding roller coasters in Orlando—you can find great ways to unwind across our whole network.
Of course, the perfect timing means there will likely be plenty of travelers with similar plans, so here are a few tips to save time as you embark on your summer getaways:
- First, decide on your best method of airport transportation in advance. Airport parking lots fill up early – so carpooling with a friend who’s also catching a flight might be a good idea, as is taking public transportation so you don’t have to worry about finding an elusive spot (or paying that parking fee). And if you want to ride to the airport in style, check out our Elevate partner, Uber.
- Remember to stay updated on your Flight Status by signing up for our flight alerts and bookmarking m.virginamerica.com, our mobile site, to check in, grab a mobile boarding pass, and check your flight status on the go with your preferred gadget. Plus, if you haven’t already, you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook for other news.
- If you’re traveling through Los Angeles, you can escape the crowds and relax at our Loft at LAX – open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. While there, you can sip on “Lofty Libations” including the Runway Ruddy Mary, the Mile-High Margarita, and my personal favorite, the Virgintini. You can also enjoy first-class bites and snacks and utilize the outlets and WiFi.
- As a reminder, any liquids or gels in your carry-on—including sunscreen and tanning lotion—each need to be three ounces or less and packed in a re-sealable quart-sized plastic bag. You can find detailed information and the latest security rules on the TSA’s website at: www.tsa.gov. And if you’re not sure about our carry-on and checked bag policies – get more info here.
- Virgin America is now participating in TSA Pre✓™, an initiative that allows trusted travelers to breeze through expedited security lines at participating airports. Virgin America guests who are enrolled in a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Trusted Traveler program and have a Known Traveler Number are eligible to participate in TSA Pre✓™. Members of Virgin America’s Elevate frequent flyer program also can save their Known Traveler Number within their Elevate account profile and eliminate the need to re-enter the number for future reservations.
One more bit of advice to make the most of your summer travel: When you step off your flight at one of our newest airport destinations, Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, don’t forget to enjoy live musical performances from a variety of local artists. Most airports have featured art and music exhibits. In fact, our very own San Francisco International Airport is currently featuring the Sunburn exhibit from local artist Chris McCaw.
Now that you have a few tips for a stress-free adventure, you can focus on summer fun. Wherever you decide to vacation, make sure to travel smart and check out our flight deals to get the planning in full gear.